Miss Angola 2011

Miss Angola, business student Leila Lopes plans to work on HIV advocacy worldwide, in addition to helping her own country.

"As Miss Angola I've already done a lot to help my people," Lopes, 25, said Tuesday morning after taking home the crown. "I've worked with various social causes. I work with poor kids, I work in the fight against HIV. I work to protect the elderly and I have to do everything that my country needs.

"I think now as Miss Universe I will be able to do much more."

Those who weren't watching the Denver Broncos notch a loss to the Oakland Raiders were treated to a parade of international hotties doing their pageant thing in Sao Paulo, Brazil -- and that "pageant thing" of course includes a final round of questions for the Top 5.

Miss AngolaLopes was crowned by Miss Universe 2010, Ximena Navarrete from Mexico. Miss USA (and Miss California) Alyssa Campanella made it into 2011's Top 15 out of a total of 88 contestants. Who advanced was decided in rounds of preliminary competition held during the week leading up to Monday night's show.

According to pageant watchers inside the arena, Lopes charmed the locals in part by speaking Portuguese, a language former colonies Angola and Brazil share.

related search:
angola miss universe,miss angola

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter